Ipswich
Community buildings

2015

We were engaged by Catalyst to unify the campus and develop a warm ‘heart’ where people can meet, gather and share. The site was filled with an eclectic collection of cold industrial scale buildings dominated by the large metal foundry established in 1929 and the more recent auditorium completed in 1990.

Careful consideration of the buildings, their varying architectural history, aesthetic, and our intervention in the spaces between them, resulted in a warm connected gathering place.

Architects of transformational space.